APL’s Low-Cost Spay and Neuter Program represents the core of our mission and values. Reducing the overpopulation of animals in our community is the best way to ensure that we have the resources to care for lost and abandoned animals at Stockton Animal Shelter, and to increase the quality of life for all pets.
Every year about 11,000 animals are brought into Stockton Animal Shelter, from Stockton and unincorporated areas of San Joaquin County. You can do your part to reduce our pet population by having your pet(s) spayed or neutered. Low-Cost Spay and Neuter vouchers are intended for low-income households, and those that cannot afford to have their pet sterilized. Together we can make a difference!
Low-Cost Spay and Neuter Vouchers
Vouchers are not available at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when this program resumes.
See calendar or APL’s Events page on Facebook, for current voucher sales dates. Vouchers are funded through APL’s fundraising efforts. Thank you to the generous community members, business partners, and veterinarians that support this program. The following guidelines must be followed:
- Vouchers are for dogs only, and only for the following breeds: Pit Bulls, Chihuahuas, German Shepherds, Huskies (and mixes of same breeds).
- The veterinarian may deny service if your dog breed appears different from the breed that is stated on the voucher.
- The $25 vouchers must be paid in CASH ONLY
- Must be a resident of the City of Stockton
- Dog’s owner must provide a government issued picture ID with a current Stockton address. Voucher cannot be used by another dog. The ID and voucher name must match when dropping off your dog. If info doesn’t match, veterinarian may refuse services.
- Dog owner is responsible for setting an appointment with an approved veterinarian, from a list that will be provided, and you are required to notify them that it is a voucher appointment.
- Voucher is good for 1 basic spay/neuter, vaccinations, and microchip. Animal Protection League is not responsible for additional charges such as: Cone (eColloar), medication, female in heat, blood work (often required for dogs over 5), medical complications, cancellation fees, or any other charges.
Voucher Sale Dates and Locations
Carter’s Pet Mart
1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month*
909 W. March Lane, Stockton CA 95207
Stockton Animal Shelter
1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month*
1575 S. Lincoln St., Stockton CA 95206
*Voucher sales are currently suspended. We expect to return to our regular schedule as soon as we are allowed to do so. Please check APL’s Facebook page under Events or sign up for email to be notified.