Finding a Lost Pet with Social Media
Social media is one of the fastest ways to get word out that your pet is lost. A well-designed
post will be shared more, and hopefully get your pet found! Remember that social media is just
one of many tools that you should be using to find a lost pet.
9 steps for an effective post:
1. Post the town, state, and nearest crossroads where pet was last seen. Your social
media post may travel far and wide. When people see a lost pet from their area, they’re
more likely to read and remember your post.
2. Post a good quality picture of your pet, or post several photos to give a good idea of
what your pet looks like. i.e. markings, size, color.
3. Include a contact phone number that people can call if your pet is spotted, or found.
4. Make sure your post is public! Check your post settings and make sure your friends will
be able to share it… the more people that see it, the better the odds that your pet will
5. Include the last date your pet was seen.
6. Include the approximate size and weight of your pet.
7. Include the gender. Is it a female/male and , neutered/unaltered?
8. Include info about your pet’s temperament. Is it Skittish or fearful? Friendly?
9. Post updates if/when the animal is spotted.
Please delete your post if/when your pet is found.
This keeps pages uncluttered for other people
that are searching for their lost pets.
Facebook Groups in the San Joaquin County Area
209 Pets lost and found
Pet Patrol 209 https://www.facebook.com/groups/lostandfoundpetsofthe209/
209 Lost n Found Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529618520656456/
Stockton CA – Lost Dogs
Cats & Pets
Lost and Found Pets 209 https://www.facebook.com/groups/LandFPets209/
Central Valley Lost &
Ceres Stockton Fresno
Linden Neighborhood Pet
Friends of Manteca
Lost and found pets of
Lodi Animal Lost and
Galt Animal Lost and
Tracy Lost and Found Pets https://www.facebook.com/groups/tracypets/
209 Lost & Found in
Lockeford & Acampo &
Acampo Lost and Found https://www.facebook.com/groups/558286151577913/
Ripon Police Lost and
National websites to try:
Center for Lost Pets www.thecenterforlostpets.com
Pet Harbor www.petharbor.com
Lost My Doggie http://lostmydoggie.com
Fido Finder http://www.fidofinder.com
Lost Dogs of America http://lostdogsofamerica.org
Lost Pet USA http://www.lostpetusa.net/home/
Missing Pet Partnership http://www.missingpetpartnership.org
Finding Rover https://findingrover.com
Ripon Ca. Lost and Found
Midtown Stockton CA https://www.facebook.com/midtownstocktonca/
Mountain House Lost &
LOST AND FOUND ONLY
Rehoming Pets and Lost
and Found for
Pets of Weston Ranch https://www.facebook.com/petsofwestonranch/
Burson Neighbors https://www.facebook.com/groups/362945680550997/
Stockton Crime News and
Animals and related for
Manteca & Surrounding