Adopt a Dog
All dogs adopted from Stockton Animal Shelter will include the following:
- Spay or neuter
- eCollar/Cone (if spayed or neutered)
- Microchip and free lifetime registration with http://www.foundanimals.org
- 1 year dog license, if applicable
- Rabies vaccine, if applicable
- Bordetella and DAPP vaccination
- Flea prevention
*Search links will redirect you to Stockton Animal Services database at Pet Harbor, which is updated daily.
Adopters must be at least 18 years old and present valid photo ID w/ proof of address. We’ll make every effort to help you find the most appropriate companion animal. We reserve the right to refuse an adoption.
As a life-saving effort, to increase adoptions, Stockton Animal Shelter regularly reduces, or waives, adoption fees. For current adoption prices and other questions please contact Stockton Animal Services: AnimalServices@StocktonCA.gov or call (209)937-7445 8:30AM–5PM M-F